JOHN ‘LOFTY’ WISEMAN SAS SURVIVAL HANDBOOK
A new and fully updated edition of the original, bestselling survival handbook.
Written by ex-SAS survival expert John 'Lofty' Wiseman, this book provides the
most reliable, authoritative and respected survival information on the market.
The original survival handbook -- the choice of both survival expert and novice,
this book is the international bestseller which in the 20 years since it was
first published has been often imitated but never bettered. John 'Lofty' Wiseman
served in the SAS for 26 years: his knowledge, experience and skills are
unrivalled in survival circles. He is the first and best expert on survival
instruction -- in any situation. In this fully updated edition, Lofty imparts
his much sought-after survival experience, knowledge and timeless techniques --
preparing you for anything, anywhere in the world.
Updated contents include:
• Be prepared -- The latest, most resilient, resourceful and eco-friendly
• On the move -- Up-to-date navigation technologies such as GPS are discussed
• Health -- The current understanding relating to the body's coping mechanisms
in extreme circumstances is expertly applied to survival
• Disasters -- Increasingly-changing environmental conditions are addressed:
what to do in the face of flash flooding or fast-spreading fire
• Fear Management -- How to react, keep calm, and manage hostile environments
and survival situation
Also featuring new case studies and survival scenarios, designed to offer
fascinating insight into other people's survival experiences and to force you to
think about what you would do in their position.